How Are Genetic Conditions Diagnosed?
Genetic testing is a type of medical test that identifies genetic disorder or any changes in genes to screen or confirm any genetic condition and help determine a person's chance of developing or passing on a genetic disorder. Some genetic tests are used to screen healthy individual to check predisposition to certain genetic condition. These tests can be taken by any healthy individual to check their genetic risk for disease also lifestyle factor like nutrition and fitness based on the variation in their DNA.
Human Genetic Disorders List
A Genetic disorder is a condition caused by a change or mutation in part or whole of DNA sequence than normal sequence it can occur in a single gene or multiple genes. Some genetic mutations are inherited from the parents and are present in an individual at birth; like Sickle Cell Disease, Thalassemia, Cystic Fibrosis, etc. Some disease occurs when several genetic mutation interact with each other - or with the environment - to increase susceptibility to diseases. For example diseases like Type-2 Diabetes, Coronary Artery Disease, Obesity, Hypothyroidism, Stroke etc.
What Is Genetic Testing?
Genetic testing is a type of medical test that identifies any changes in genes to screen or confirm any genetic condition and help determine a person's chance of developing or passing on a genetic disorder. Genetic testing is a tool that provides helpful information regarding your health and identifies the genetic traits that may develop into diseases due to an unhealthy lifestyle and environmental conditions.
Benefits of DNA Testing
- Identify predisposition to various diseases.
- Understanding nutrition and fitness traits providing an overview about your overall health.
- Early diagnosis and preventive action for familial diseases.
- Personalize dietary recommendations to delay disease onset and live healthy.
- Plan regular preventive health checkups.
Your Genetic Report
DNAwise genetic report consists of comprehensive details about Health, Nutrition and Fitness. Genetic predisposition in health segment is further categorized into high, medium / typical or low. Genetic test results are useful in timely monitoring or detection of many health issues which should be mindfully addressed.
- If test reports show a predisposition to Coronary Artery Disease, you can plan to take essential heart checkup package and monitor it regularly.
- If the DNA test reveals you have weight gain tendency compared to others, you must plan effective diet and workout routine for weight management.
Analysis of your DNA can provide knowledge about disease risk in time. Regular health checkups monitor your current health status and helps in disease prevention.
For any further information about DNA testing or details of DNA test package contact our health experts. Fill in the query form to know more about genetic testing.