What is a generic diet?
A generic diet is something that's the same for everyone, can be found on the internet, or from a dietician with an analysis of your body’s requirements. ‘One size doesn’t fit all!’ If you are serious about setting health and weight loss goals, this kind of diet may not work beneficially. In some cases, following a fad diet can also backfire and create new, unexpected health issues.
What is a genetic diet?
Replace the r with t, and the diet becomes much more personalized for you. A is the one based on your DNA (genome/genetics). As this kind of diet is based on your own genetics, it works more efficiently for you in terms of weight loss and health maintenance.
How does a genetic diet help you be in good health?
Everyone, even siblings and twins are genetically different - that makes everyone’s body’s requirements different too. What might suit one doesn’t suit another. That’s where a generic diet fails.
You can know what diet you should follow and more with a genetic test:
- Your DNA/genes help you in understanding yourself and your needs better. For example, milk that’s considered a good source of calcium might not be good for your body, it might develop lactose intolerance.
- Choose a - you can plan your food according to the nutrients you need to increase and eat what is good for your metabolism. Your nutritional needs depend on your genetic build and directly affects their metabolism, transport through the body, and removal of toxins.
- A predictive genetic test makes you aware of the lifestyle modifications, diet changes and exercise requirements that are needed by your body according to your DNA.
- Once you seriously plan your diet on the basis of your DNAwise test report, you can have sustained health and weight management.
- Nutritional requirements within the members of a family are different so each member of the family should base their diets on their own DNA tests.
- Genetic tests are user-friendly and can be easily done from home.
Know more about the benefits of genetic testing.
Are you looking to modify your lifestyle and habits to improve the quality of your life? Answer simple questions related to your Immunity, Fitness, Nutrition, Health and Habits check your health assessment. View More