Health matters, and prioritizing it over anything is essential indeed. Technological advancements have simplified our lives, but today, young as well as elderly both are at equal risk of getting lifestyle diseases. A sedentary lifestyle and busy schedules with increased unhealthy and junk food intake, lack of enough sleep, increased screen times, lack of exercise, work stress, and many other factors contribute to several health risks. This highlights the need for regular health check-ups that are meant for one and all. Fitness health check-up packages not only keep a check on your fitness level but also help detect diseases early. And thus, managing and treating diseases or making lifestyle changes help maintain your health and well-being.
Checking your fitness level is an intelligent way to assess your fitness level, even at a young age. The increasing instances of heart conditions, stress, diabetes, and obesity in young people in their 20s are alarming. Along with adopting a healthy lifestyle comprising of regular exercise and a healthy diet, keeping a check on health with the help of fitness check-ups has become crucial.
Several fitness check-up packages are available, and depending on your need, you can select a comprehensive and best whole-body check-up package to get a good insight of the functioning of the body and its vital organs.
Making a fitness check-up package a part of your life is beneficial in many ways such as –
- · Stay well-informed about health habits that you need to modify.
- · Monitor health and fitness levels and decrease risks of undergoing any complications.
- · Detect health diseases (if any) at the earliest and prevent from being very ill or reaching severe conditions.
- · Determine any changes in the body and make changes in routine/habits as needed.
- · Understand your health, body, and overall functioning
- · A health check-up makes it easier for your healthcare expert to suggest treatment/lifestyle changes/ medicines, or therapies depending on your reports.
However, knowing which tests should be included in your check-up is essential. Let’s have a look at important tests that a Fitness Package Includes
- Doctor’s counselling- General consultation, Gynaecologist consultation - This includes a physical examination session with the doctor for medical history and post-check-up counselling for the final assessment of test reports. For women, a gynaecological consultation is included for assessing contraception, conception, pregnancy, and self-testing for the presence of certain diseases.
- Diabetes Markers - this includes Blood Sugar (fasting and PP) and Urine Test (Routine) to check the sugar level in the blood.
- Abdominal Check – including USG Abdomen, Liver, Kidney, Gynaecological condition, Pancreas and Urinary Condition. Ultrasonography of the abdomen and pelvis helps to determine any abnormality in the abdominal organs and detect stones/calculi and inflammation of the liver, gall bladder, spleen, pancreas, and kidneys.
- Lipid profile -(Cholesterol, Triglycerides, LDL, HDL, VLDL, TC:HDL, LDL:HDL)- this is done to analyze the levels of good and bad cholesterol in the blood
- Fitness markers - including height, weight, pulse, Body mass Index, Blood Pressure, heart sounds and Air Entry are assessed.
- Heart Status – 2D Echo Cardiography (Doppler study of the heart) and ECG (Electrocardiogram). 2D Echo Cardiography (Doppler study of the heart) is a detailed analysis of the heart on various parameters such as valves, heart chambers, cardiac capacity, congenital defects etc. Electrocardiogram (ECG) is a simple and usually conducted test which maps the electrical activity of the heart. It is indicative of the condition of the blood supply to the heart. Chest X-Ray is a simple procedure that scans the lung and heart for diseases and irregularities.
- Liver Function tests - including SGPT, SGOT, Total Bilirubin, Direct Bilirubin and Indirect Bilirubin are conducted to assess the performance of the liver.
- Pap Smear - In women, Pap Smear is critical in detecting cervical cancer, which is completely curable if detected early.
- Kidney function - Blood Urea and Serum Creatinine tests are conducted to assess the performance of the kidneys.
- Infection markers (a set of tests that detects any disturbance in the internal functioning of your body.) This includes a set of tests that detects any disturbance in the internal functioning of your body. The 15 parameters for Haemogram include - Haemoglobin level, WBC count ( White blood cell count ), Neutrophil %, Lymphocyte %, Eosinophil %, Basophil %, Monocyte %, PCV ( Packed cell volume), MCV ( Mean corpuscular volume), MCHC (Mean corpuscular haemoglobin concentration), MCH (Mean corpuscular haemoglobin), RDW (Red blood cell distribution width), RBC count (Red blood cell count), Platelet count, Peripheral smear And 10 parameters for Urine test
- Chest X-ray- scanning lung and heart for diseases and irregularities.
By doing a fitness check-up, your healthcare provider can get helpful insights about your health and any major changes. Several important parameters and body functions are assessed, and any changes or treatments needed are recommended to improve your health and fitness.
Schedule your fitness check-up package, which is specially designed by Indus Health Plus. If you want more details or have any doubts about your health check-up, connect with our experts or fill out the query form and get our health experts to discuss details with you.
Book your fitness check-up package with Indus Health Plus and step towards a healthier life now.