Statistics - Obesity in Women:
Let's look at some obesity statistics of women. According to a research report:
- 2 of 3 urban women are obese in India
- Women in India face biasedness at the workplace and in personal life if their BMI is 27 plus
- 80% of working Indian women of the age group 25-45 years was obese as a result of their sedentary lifestyle and changing food habits
This then leads to a vicious cycle of emotional eating and putting on weight.
Causes of Obesity in Women:
Now let's discuss the causes of obesity in women. During the process of weight gain till the extent of being obese is when we tend to overeat and stay physically inactive at a stretch. The causes of obesity in women include the following:
- Eating irregularly
- Eating in haste
- Excessive eating
- Junk foods and snacks
- Sedentary lifestyle
Effects of Obesity:
With obesity, there are many adverse effects of obesity seen. Overweight women are at an increased risk of conditions like the following:
- High cholesterol levels
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart diseases (coronary heart diseases)
- Reproductive disorders like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which then leads to infertility
Apart from these, there are mental illnesses that are associated with obesity like:
- Low confidence/self esteem
- Self - embarrassment
The best thing you can do for the obesity prevention is to avoid the risks that cause it. You can simply follow a proper eating pattern and stay physically active.
Remember - You are your best judge for your health!
You just need to understand that you are yourself responsible for keeping your body fit. Prevention is of utmost importance. To live a healthy and a happy life one must have self-control to avoid all the things that are harmful for our body's functioning by a regular health checkup. This will not only help in assessment of the risk factors and early diagnosis, it will also eventually help in the effective treatment of any disease.