Blood Cancer Facts /Awareness
- Blood cancer is usually diagnosed in older people who are above 70 years of age.
- Leukaemia is most commonly found in small children.
- Lymphoma is commonly found in the people who fall in the age group of 16 to 24 years.
- About 31% of males suffer from leukaemia as compared to females.
- Note that blood cancer prognosis is dependent on different factors like age, how severe it is, and at which stage it has been diagnosed.
Blood Cancer Types
There are mainly three types of blood cancer as given below:
Causes of Blood Cancer:
- Family history
- Certain infections
- Weak immune system
However, the specific risk factors of blood cancer malignancy are still unidentified.
Sign and Symptoms of Blood Cancer
- Weight loss
- Bleeding gums
- Tiredness and fatigue
- Back pain, abdominal pain, and bone pain
- Dark spots and fine rashes
- Enlargement of lymph node
Cancer prevention is a key in controlling the risk of cancer. Regular screening of cancer can assist in identifying this life-threatening condition in its initial phase. This can facilitate its complete cure by timely removal of precancerous growth.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle and maintain a balanced diet
- Take all the necessary safety measures
- Avoid getting exposed to the radiations
Blood Cancer Diagnosis
- Blood tests
- Bone marrow exam
- Imaging tests like PET scan, CT scan, and chest X-ray
- Physical exam
These tests surely help in blood cancer detection.
Blood Cancer Treatments
- Transplantation of bone marrow
- Biological therapy
Having dietary and lifestyle changes during this period is important to ensure faster recovery. Behavioral risk factors like usage of alcohol and tobacco, obesity, not being physically active and less intake of a healthy diet can result in up to 30% of cancer deaths.
A healthy diet for sure will help you to remain strong and fit during your treatments also.
One should not overlook the threat of cancer and full body checkup packages help to overcome the threat. A routine health checkup proves to be a stitch in time, which saves nine. If you wish to have one, contact us by filling up the inquiry form. Your life is precious; never ignore the signs your body is showing and risk your life. A prompt action and expert care takes care of your life and health.