By now we have all read about coronavirus a lot but still know almost nothing. Currently, there’s no vaccine to prevent COVID-19 therefore the only way to prevent its illness is to avoid getting exposed to the virus.
How does coronavirus spread?
The virus is known to spread mainly from human-to-human in the following ways:
- Through close contact with another person
- If an infected person talks, coughs, sneezes, it can be transmitted via respiratory droplets. Such droplets when enters the mouth or nose might be inhaled into the lungs
- Most of the recent cases of COVID-19 are getting spread by people who are asymptomatic, hence we need to be extra careful, and should maintain proper social distancing & wear masks
How does coronavirus spread through indirect transmission?
There could be chances of hand transmission of the virus through our daily activities, like going to the office, using lifts, taking public transport, handling deliveries, touching surfaces touched by others. Hand transmission of the virus can happen at such instances and can affect us.
How to prevent the spread of the virus through indirect contact?
Hand hygiene is the most important factor to prevent the spread of coronavirus via indirect transmission. Hand hygiene is also essential to prevent the transmission of bacteria and viruses.
The following ways can be used to maintain hand hygiene:
- Wash your hands at regular intervals: Lather soap on your hands by rubbing it in. Make sure to cover the backs of your hands, in between your fingers and under your nails. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Don’t rush through these steps. Rinse your hands under running water
- Use Indus Hand Sanitizer: It can be used when soap and water aren’t available or you are travelling or occupied. Indus Hand Sanitizer is 80% alcohol-based and can quickly kill the virus and bacteria on hands. Apply a coin size drop of sanitizer on your palm, rub your hands together, making sure you cover all of your hands and fingers. Let your hands dry, don’t use a towel or water.