Tips to celebrate a healthy Valentine's Day:
- One can cook a delicious and healthy meal for their partner. A romantic, candle light dinner with heart healthy food recipes is a perfect way to keep the calorie count and the quality of the meals. One can even register for a cooking or baking crash course for sharpening their cooking skills and at the same time get to spend some good time together. In case you want to take your loved one out for dinner; you need to proactively check some amazing healthy dining out options. Choose to tempt your loved one with dark chocolates rather than the normal chocolates; it is good for healthy heart . One can also gift something that is far more meaningful like membership to a fitness club too.
- The best thing one can gift is the "quality time". A couple can spend quality time in some fun-filled activities like sports, a simple walk, trekking, jogging together or even take up adventure sports.
- You can please your loved one and earn respect at the same time by quitting smoking. Smoking has major ill-effects on the body especially on the heart . Smoking is also a preventable cause of premature death.
- The key to a healthy heart is being consistent with a healthy lifestyle. Even if you walk daily for about 30 minutes a day; one can get all the healthy heart benefits. The best thing for a healthy heart is walking; as you don't need to invest any money unlike investing your money in the fitness clubs.
- Stay hydrated. It helps you feel and make you look better and fresher all at the same time. Replace normal water with the high calorie, caffeine content, and artificial sugars drinks.
- Share your happiness by indulging in some voluntary charity. Giving back to the society can prove to be an immense stress buster and can really boost your mood.
- Essential Heart Check-up can be planned for ensuring that your heart health is intact. There are multiple options available for a couple health checkups too.
Following are some foods that improve the heart health:
- Fish which is rich in omega-3s is extremely healthy for your heart . One should include salmon, tuna, mackerel, etc in the diet.
- Mixed nuts like almonds or walnuts not only satisfy your hunger pangs but also are good for the heart .
- Berries like strawberries, cranberries, blueberries, raspberries are a rich source of phytonutrients and soluble fiber which is good for heart -health.
- Another option for a healthy heart is flaxseed. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, phytoestrogens and fiber and boost heart health.
- Red wine is proven to improve levels of the good cholesterol.
- Colourful veggies and fruits like carrots, red peppers, sweet potatoes, broccoli, sweet asparagus, spinach, tomatoes, and lettuce are rich in carotenoids, fiber and vitamins. Also fruits like oranges and papaya are a rich source of beta-carotene, potassium, magnesium, lycopene, vitamin C and E and fiber are also beneficial for the heart .
Remember to take the stress load off, enjoy life to the fullest and making the health of your partner your prime priority. You can get more information about how you can safeguard the health of your loved one by filling in the query form.