Covid-19 or Coronavirus Disease:
The disease causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty in breathing. You can protect yourself by washing your hands frequently, avoiding touching your face, and avoiding close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell.
Coronavirus disease spreads primarily through contact with an infected person when they cough or sneeze. It also spreads when a person touches a surface or an object that has the virus on it, and then touches their eyes, nose, or mouth.
How to Do Self-Assessment to check if you are at risk of Coronavirus:
When someone can do coronavirus self-assessment?
- If you have recent travel history
- If you have Fever (Fever > 37.8o)
- If you have cough
- If you feel tired
- If you feel difficulty in breathing
Some of the symptoms facts you must know
- 50% of patients do not have fever initially
- Cough is usually dry but sputum is not uncommon
- The time between catching the virus and beginning to have symptoms of the disease range from 1-14 days and most commonly is around five days.
Do check your risk with our self-assessment application. Click here.
Below chart will give you better understanding about people having % of symptoms. This chart is created based on Hospitalized Patients in Wuhan, China.
How One Can Take Primary Care of Him/Her Self If Having Symptoms:
Self-Management with mind symptoms (Home/Self Isolation):
- Stay at home at least 14 days from when you first find symptoms
- Do not invite visitors or go out
- Choose a well ventilated room and keep away from others
- Use mask
- Dispose all waste in a clinical waste bag
- Close door, turn off Air conditioner and open window
- Clean the room and reused things properly when isolation is over
- Use mask, gloves and apron while cleaning the room
When to have medical assistance/Emergency:
If symptoms worsen during home isolation or there is no improvement after 7 days then should contact for medical assistance/emergency or take coronavirus test from government/ICMR approved labs. Your report will be generated in 24 - 48 hrs.