Stomach Cancer Men vs Women
Men are twice more prone than women of getting affected by stomach cancer. Due to men being more exposed to alcohol and smoking, stomach cancer is a greater risk for men than women.
Early Stage Symptoms
Unfortunately it is a type of cancer which rarely shows its presence in early stages, which makes it even worse. Earlier symptoms shown by the disease are very common and can point to many diseases.
- Heartburn: Heartburn especially after meals
- Feeling bloated after eating
- Indigestion, gas or constipation
- Loss of appetite
- Slight nausea, dizziness & weakness
Final Stage Symptoms
As the stomach tumor grows, the patient may experience more serious symptoms such as
- Yellowish eyes or skin - Due to lack of blood a person can become anemic thereby, making him look pale.
- Constipation or diarrhea - In the last stage of stomach cancer the stomach finally stop working properly or get paralyzed which may result in the digestion problems like diarrhea
- Anemia - As the tumor grows, continuous internal bleeding causes the patient to become more tired than usual.
- Blood in stool - Stomach swells up than its usual size, causing it to bleed, which makes bowel appear black.
- Fluid in the abdomen - Fluid accumulates in the layers of abdomen and condition of ascitis develops
- Sudden weight loss - Abrupt loss of weight without any known reason
- Blood stained vomiting - Fresh or coffee colored blood in vomiting.
- Blood Clots - People with stomach cancer are more likely to have blood clots. These clots can cause intense pain in chest or legs, one can also complain of breathlessness.