The post here gives the tips for diet and information about awareness about ovarian cancer.
Ovarian Cancer Diet
Include fresh fruits and vegetables in the daily diet, especially carrots, deep orange fruits, sweet potatoes and vegetables that contain carotenoids.
- The food that contains antioxidants, folate and vitamin B (such as broccoli, kale and dark-green leafy vegetables).
- Food with anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids like wild salmon
- Protein and vitamin D rich foods, like egg yolk
- Ginger is said to be helpful in this
It is suggested to cook the food through baking, steaming or roasting.
Ovarian Cancer Nutrition
There is a special diet suggested to the patients of this disease. Balanced and high in nutrition diet will increase the strength to fight the disease.
These particular meals help the patients to gain extra amount of calories and proteins:
- Dairy products, like cheeses and milk
- Sauces, dressings and other high-calorie condiments
- Butter and oil for cooking
- Nuts, for snacking and to add to dishes
Ovarian Cancer Awareness
Some facts and figures to increase the general awareness of the ovarian cancer:
- The tumor in this kind of cancer can be benign (cancerous), malignant (cancerous) or both.
- Ovarian cancer is seventh most common cancer in women all over the world.
- The ovarian cancer survival rate of 5 year is 44.6%.
- This cancer is most frequently found in the women of aged 55-60.
- Only 15% of the total cases are found at the early stage and the 5 year survival rate pf the cases that are found in early stage is 90%.
- Every year nearly a quarter of a million women are diagnosed with this cancer and almost 140,000 deaths take place each year because of the this cancer.
- Ovarian cancer in India is emerging one of the most common malignancies affecting women.