Maintaining good dental hygiene should be a mandate among one and all. Not only a major put off but dirty teeth also leads to several other health concerns as well.
Poor Dental Health Can Cause -
Heart diseases, mouth cancers, gum disorders, bad breath, tooth loss, dental decay and much more!
You must understand and remember that there are a set of things your teeth love and hate.
Your Teeth Hates....
- Smoking and drinking (wine)
- Soda and coffee
- Hard or gummy candies
- Opening stuff with them
- Chewing on hard ice
- Bedtime bottles
Your Teeth Loves....
- Cheese and yogurt
- Sugar free gum
- Celery, apples and pears
- Onions and basil (help reduce bacteria)
- Pineapple (a natural stain remover)
- Sesame seeds (help scrub away plaque)
Now that you know the good and bad for your oral health, here are some
Enlightening Dental Bytes
- Brush your teeth - 2 minutes, 2 times
- Not only teeth, brush your tongue too
- Floss, floss, floss!
- Rinse mouth with a mouthwash for a fresh and germfree breath
- Gently do a finger massage on gums, often!
- Keep your toothbrush upright to air dry
- Use fluoride based toothpaste
- Visit your dentist twice a year
So, the mantra for good wellbeing goes like ....
'Oral Health = Overall Health'