Not always you have to rely on chemical based prescription medicine. There is plenty of health hidden in your kitchen cabinet. Peep in and take out!
These little seeds, also known as “alsi” in Hindi, look similar to sesame seeds; slightly bigger in size. They have a warm, earthy and nutty flavour.
- Their mineral and vitamin content is much superior to several grains
- Loaded fibre, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants
- Low in carbohydrates and therefore an ideal choice for people who want to shed weight
- Promotes normal ovulation and restores hormonal balance, hence is good for woman facing infertility issues
- Lowers cholesterol, hence heart friendly
- Work as a natural laxative and help in digestion
- Fights breast and prostate cancer due to its antioxidant properties
- Regulate blood sugar and decrease insulin resistance
A natural sweetener, honey has been used since ages in home remedies for treating several ailments and conditions. It possesses effective antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
- Natural energy booster because of high glucose and fructose (carbohydrates) content
- Its antiseptic properties help in inhibiting growth of certain bacteria and keep wound infection at bay
- Said to have anti carcinogenic and tumour preventing properties
- Natural moisturiser; retains hydration
- Effective remedy for treating sore throats and cough
- strengthen the body’s defences against diseases (immunity)
In most probability, India gave this wonder spice to the world. This must-have spice in every Indian household is a strong anti inflammatory and anti-septic.
- Potent anti inflammatory and antiseptic. Useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
- Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia
- A natural liver detoxifier
- Studies suggest positive result in inhibiting cancer spread
- Speeds wound healing and assists in remodelling of damaged skin
- Helpful in psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions
Jackfruit or kathal, the largest tree-born fruit is full of health and goodness. Not only it is used in making tasty dishes, several health benefits can also be reaped out of it.
- Builds immunity as high on vitamin C
- Helps prevent anaemia due to high iron content
- Potassium in jackfruit lowers blood pressure
- Good for eyes and skin
- Root of the fruit helps manage asthma
- strengthens the bones and prevents osteoporosis
Even though it is snubbed continually because of its pungent smell, the health benefits of this wonder vegetable are incomparable. A stable in most non vegetarian dishes, garlic is used abundantly in most cuisines.
- 2-3 raw pods chewed early in the morning will lower cholesterol
- Packed with antioxidant, boosts immunity
- With anti-inflammatory properties, sooths psoriasis breakouts, when applied topically
- Soak feet in lukewarm water infused with garlic paste to treat athlete’s foot
- Natural home remedy for treating acne
- Reduces blood pressure
Increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels
Our kitchen has the health treasure in form of many foods; in fact, there are natural ingredients on which you can use. Garlic, curd, honey, flaxseeds and many more food items are magical to improve your health. You may include them in your diet and try to replace the chemical supplements. Eat healthy, work out daily and don't miss your regular preventive health checkup and you won't have to worry about your health.
A master health check up package helps to keep a proper track of your health and assists in identifying various risk factors at an early stage. Wish to discuss any queries about health checkup, fill up the form below and our representative will get back to you.
Was This Article Helpful?