Side Effects of Plastic on Human Health
The chemicals used in the production of plastic are toxic and detrimental to the human body. The plastic can be dangerous in multiple ways. Chemicals like lead, cadmium and mercury directly can come in contact with the human. They have been found in many fish in the ocean.
These toxins can cause cancers, congenital disabilities, immune system problems and childhood development issues. The other toxins like BPA or health-bisphenol-A are found in plastic bottles or food packaging materials. When the polymer chains of BPA are broken down and enter the human body through contaminated water or fish, it could lead to some serious damage to our body. The BPA can decrease thyroid hormone receptor which can lead to hypothyroidism.
\r\nApart from these severe effects, we also suffer some serious disease due to plastic. Here are some adverse health effects which are commonly found in individuals -
Diseases Caused by Plastic
- Pulmonary cancer due to inhalation of poisonous gases by lungs resulting into cancer.
- Cancer and liver damage
- Nerve and brain damage
- Kidney disease
Tips to Use Less Plastic
So what can we do about that? It is highly important for us that we get rid-off these problems. Let's know here how we can avoid the use of plastic?
- Stop buying water. The plastic bottles contribute the most to plastic junk, as almost 20 million bottles are dumped into the trash.
- Always carry your own shopping bag. Though it seems a small thing, if followed diligently you can reduce the use of plastic bags.
- Choose cardboard over plastic bags. The cardboard is bio-degradable and hence environment-friendly.
- Whether you are at home or restaurants, try to reduce the use of straws.
- One of the best ways to reduce the packaging waste is to shop in bulk. That will reduce the plastic waste from your house too.
- Try to store your food in tiffin-box or glass containers etc. Throw away your zipper bags and go for reusable containers.
These simple tips are very useful in battling the plastic junk. The prevention of plastic use is the need of the hour. It is not only necessary for existing generations but for the future generations too. A regular full body checkup should be a part of your health regime. It will help you to identify the symptoms of any disease at an early stage and stay healthy! Fill up the query form to share your queries, our executive will guide you.