Let’s understand what tests are used in the Diabetes diagnosis.
|Diabetes Test||Diabetes Type1 and Type2|
|Glycated Hemoglobin or A1C Test||
|Random Blood Sugar Test||
|Fasting Blood Sugar Test||
|Oral Glucose Tolerance Test||
Treatment and Management of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
Let's understand the different aspects of diabetes treatment and its management.
Diabetes Medication:are prescribed to keep the blood sugar levels in control.
Insulin Injections and Insulin Pumps:are mainly used Insulin dependent diabetes.
Healthy Diet:A healthy diabetes diet consists of:
- The diet basically should include all the foods that have a low glycemic index
- Carbohydrates intake should be controlled
- Coordinate and plan your meals along with the medications
- Avoid sweetened beverages
- Have fruits, veggies, whole grains, and high fibre content foods
Regular Exercise:Any person who is physically inactive is directly prone to the risk of diabetes. Hence one should maintain a healthy weight by exercising regularly. You can indulge in the following activities to stay fit and active:
- Brisk Walking
Stay Hydrated:Remember dehydration can affect the blood sugar levels.
Quit Smoking:Tobacco consumption results in increased BSL and eventually leads to insulin resistance. More smoke results greater the risk of diabetes.
Avoid Alcohol:Alcohol causes the following effects:
- Moderate alcohol consumption may cause increase in the blood sugar.
- Excess consumption of alcohol decreases the blood sugar level. It could drop to a dangerous level, especially in type 1 diabetes.
Regular Health Checkup:The blood sugar levels need to be regularly monitored in Diabetes. This helps in the easy management of the condition.
Diabetes is a fatal disease if the blood sugar levels are not controlled. Hence extreme care must be taken to prevent any fluctuations in these levels. In diabetes, prevention is better than cure hold utmost importance. Get your health regularly monitored by a comprehensive health checkup packages by Indus Health Plus, the preventive health specialist. To know more about these comprehensive checkup packages, fill the query form, and we will get back to you ASAP.