According to International Journal of Diabetes, in Developing Countries, there has been a startling rise of diabetes in India. India accounted for almost 30 million diabetic patients in the last one decade.
Many people are confused about how to control diabetes. Diabetes prevention is essential if one has a personal or a family history of diabetes. Diabetes can be kept in control by simply taking care of your diet, being physically active and getting a diabetes checkup regularly. Exercising is essential for diabetic patients. All exercises are important but amongst them walking is the easiest one.
Walking is a great exercise for boosting our energy levels and for strengthening the heart. In a pre-diabetic or a diabetic patient then walking can be your lifesaver. According to Harvard Nurses’ Health study, women who do walking brisk can reduce the possibility of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking has multifold advantages in diabetes:
- Walking helps in lowering the blood sugar level.
- Research says walking is an excellent tool in controlling type 2 diabetes if it is done at least 38 minutes daily.
- Walking will help in reducing the dosage of insulin.
- It will also reduce your visits to the doctor for diabetes checkup.
Everyone should achieve a daily target of walking 10,000 steps. Seems difficult? Here are some tricks to do that easily.
Simple Tips to Increase the Number of Steps You Walk Each Day
- Avoid using elevators instead choose to walk-up the stairs.
- Take your pets for a walk.
- Park your cars far away from your workplace, so that you get to walk a few more steps.
- Walk and talk to your colleague instead of using an intercom or other messaging applications.
- Walk and talk- Whenever you are on a phone call avoid sitting at one place. Walk while you are talking.
- Use public transport once a week. Avoid using a vehicle for a smaller distance.
- Try doing a walking meeting- Having a general meeting in a conference room can be boring sometimes. Try conducting the meeting in an open place by taking few steps at the workplace. A meeting while walking is easily possible with fewer members. A walk in the fresh air energizes physically as well mentally.
Walking can be a blessing to people of all ages. Try with smaller targets and small steps bring big results; so appreciate your small achievements and promise yourself a real positive change.
Have any further doubts or need assistance related to Diabetes, Health checkup packages or lifestyle changes? Fill the query form and we will get in touch with you soon.