These little seeds, also known as “alsi” in Hindi, look similar to sesame seeds; slightly bigger in size. They have a warm, earthy and nutty flavour.
- Their mineral and vitamin content is much superior to several grains
- Loaded fibre, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants
- Low in carbohydrates and therefore an ideal choice for people who want to shed weight
- Promotes normal ovulation and restores hormonal balance, hence is good for woman facing infertility issues
- Lowers cholesterol, hence heart friendly
- Work as a natural laxative and help in digestion
- Fights breast and prostate cancer due to its antioxidant properties
- Regulate blood sugar and decrease insulin resistance
A natural sweetener, honey has been used since ages in home remedies for treating several ailments and conditions. It possesses effective antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
- Natural energy booster because of high glucose and fructose (carbohydrates) content
- Its antiseptic properties help in inhibiting growth of certain bacteria and keep wound infection at bay
- Said to have anti carcinogenic and tumour preventing properties
- Natural moisturiser; retains hydration
- Effective remedy for treating sore throats and cough
- strengthen the body’s defences against diseases (immunity)
In most probability, India gave this wonder spice to the world. This must-have spice in every Indian household is a strong anti inflammatory and anti-septic.
- Potent anti inflammatory and antiseptic. Useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
- Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia
- A natural liver detoxifier
- Studies suggest positive result in inhibiting cancer spread
- Speeds wound healing and assists in remodelling of damaged skin
- Helpful in psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions
Jackfruit or kathal, the largest tree-born fruit is full of health and goodness. Not only it is used in making tasty dishes, several health benefits can also be reaped out of it.
- Builds immunity as high on vitamin C
- Helps prevent anaemia due to high iron content
- Potassium in jackfruit lowers blood pressure
- Good for eyes and skin
- Root of the fruit helps manage asthma
- strengthens the bones and prevents osteoporosis
Even though it is snubbed continually because of its pungent smell, the health benefits of this wonder vegetable are incomparable. A stable in most non vegetarian dishes, garlic is used abundantly in most cuisines.
- 2-3 raw pods chewed early in the morning will lower cholesterol
- Packed with antioxidant, boosts immunity
- With anti-inflammatory properties, sooths psoriasis breakouts, when applied topically
- Soak feet in lukewarm water infused with garlic paste to treat athlete’s foot
- Natural home remedy for treating acne
- Reduces blood pressure
Increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels