The post here gives the tips for healthy diet and facts about blood cancer survival chances, facts and diets.
Blood Cancer Diet
Eating well and staying healthy is essential for a patient of blood cancer. Healthy food and maintained weight often help in tolerating the side effects of the treatments and the good nutrients also help in the replacements of blood cells and tissues broken down by the treatment.
A healthy lifestyle supports the immune system as well as helps the body to stay strong and reduce the risk of some disease, like, cancers. For everyone (either the patients or the person who has the risk factor of blood cancer), it is suggested to have a balanced diet and include nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables, and low-fat proteins, such as fish, lean meats and poultry.
Good nutrition includes:
- Maintaining the body weight
- Drinking a lot of water
- Daily physical activities
- Avoiding tobacco completely
Blood Cancer Facts/Awareness
- The blood cancer has been divided into three types leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
- Leukemia is the 10th most commonly occurring type of cancer in all races.
- People with the age of 45 have least probability of getting blood cancer, while, the people of age 67 or older have the highest percentage of risk of blood cancer.
- Males has more percentage of getting the disease than females. There are 31% more cases of males than females.
- People with less healthy diets are more likely to develop cancer.
- Leukemia attacks males and females of all ages and all races. It does not have a gender bias.
- The survival rate of 5-year non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and leukemia is about 10%.
- In males Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma is more common in males than females.